Skip to content


What will happen when I arrive at the tax site

After showing your photo ID & proof of Social Security number(s), our Greeter will check that you completed the first 2 pages of your intake form. They will verify that you have brought the forms related to the items checked off on page 2.

What is "Proof" of my Social Security Number?

Social Security Card, or the full number on either Social Security Award letter or SSA-1099, or a previous Tax Return if e-filed by Josephine County TaxAide, or Statement from DHS. This “Proof” is needed for all who are included in the tax return.

Who is responsible for my tax return?

You, as the taxpayer, are responsible for your tax return. The Tax-Aide volunteer certified preparers assist you in completing your taxes within the scope of the Tax-Aide program. We assist in keeping to tax law, helping you to gain the greatest refund possible, and electronically file your return for speed and accuracy.

What is an "injured spouse"?

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has the power to seize income tax refunds when a taxpayer owes certain debts, such as unpaid taxes or overdue child support. Sometimes, a married couple’s joint tax refund will be seized because of a debt for which only one spouse is responsible. When that happens, the other spouse is said to be “injured” and can file Form 8379 to get at least some of the refund.

The IRS has called me saying I owe money -- what should I do?

The IRS doesn’t initiate contact with taxpayers by email, text messages or social media channels to request personal or financial information. This includes requests for PIN numbers, passwords or similar access information for credit cards, banks or other financial accounts.

I have Health Insurance through the "Marketplace". What do I need for my tax return?

You should receive a “1095-A” form listing insurance cost and the advance premium tax credit you received throughout the year. You will need to include that in your tax return to reconcile the amount of advance credit versus your income level. If you didn’t receive that form, contact 866-969-4261 in Oregon for assistance before your tax appointment.