Get Ready for Your Appointment
You will need (No Exceptions!)
- Photo ID and Social Security Card or other proof of the Social Security Number
- Copy of last year’s tax return — VERY IMPORTANT! Don’t have? Click Here to get a transcript from the IRS before you have your interview appointment.
- Birth dates and Social Security Cards for all members of household
Gather and organize your tax records. Organized tax records make preparing a complete and accurate tax return easier and avoid errors. Wait to file until you have your tax records including:
- Forms W-2 from your employer(s)
- Forms 1099 from banks, issuing agencies and other payers including unemployment compensation, interest, dividends, stock transactions, distributions from a pension, annuity, retirement plan, or other non-employee compensation
- Form 1099-K, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, W-2 or other income statement if you worked in the gig economy
- Year-end receipts or statements from charitable contributions, day care providers, mortgage companies, or property taxes
- Use a bank account to speed tax refunds with direct deposit
Here is a Detailed Checklist to download regarding all Income, Deductions, Credits. Use it to make sure you first, have received everything, and second, you bring it with you.